All images © 2008-2019 Cyril Souchon unless expressly noted otherwise (All rights reserved)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Solitude


Solitude is my one true childhood friend: he sat with me in new places, walked with me on strange roads, & slept with me in strange bedrooms.

This is not solitude born of loneliness.

This is the quiet space where reflection comes easy.

I met him in childhood, lying solitary on my back looking up at the clouds, in silent imaginings.

He stayed with me for a long time, as the family moved from town to town, in year and out.

He went his own way when I went to university, and later, after I married and had children I thought he had left me forever.

But now he has returned, and we renew an old and valued friendship.

I have the time for him again, and he for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment